Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Brain eating zombies

La Hacienda Guachala, which is considered the oldest existing colonial hacienda in Ecuador.

Making new friends in Ecuador

We visited La Mitad del Mundo (The Middle of the World) in Quito.



From atop the globe statue

2 hemispheres at once

Beautiful postcard views on our Sunday hike in Tabacundo.

We climbed to the highest point that we could see


Casey, Me and Garrick’s prom photo on top of the mountain.


Yours truly

We were so sore the next day from our 5 hour hike but it was good to be active and outdoors!

We were inspired to make a random low budget horror film by the laguna, which starred Erin as the brain eating zombie.

Kristen brought her fishing pole and we even gave fishing a try at the lake….it turns out these fish did not like cheese as bait.

And I leave you with this image....Jake navigating the dusty roads on our hike while keeping his respiratory health in mind.
Peace Corps gave us face masks last week due to volcanic activity in north Ecuador...apparently ash tends to travel into the surrounding cities. We have not seen any of the repercutions, but PC like to be extra safe. (which Im sure you like to hear Mom)

I believe my next post will be from my new site when I am an official Peace Corps volunteer! (mas o menos in two weeks) So for now, I miss you all dearly and hope things are going wonderfully for you! Sending my love!

1 comment:

Tess said...

Hi Alea! I found your blog from facebook! Wow, the Peace Corps! What an adventure! You are such a good person. I love the picture where you're in 2 hemispheres at once. Sure is good to get updated with you from your blog. You're quite amazing, you know.