Monday, June 28, 2010

Love for Ecuador

Things I LOVE about Ecuador

the PEOPLE...my Ecuadorian moms, dads, sisters, brothers, etc, the Lake Poza Honda by my house, the greeness, civiche and encebollado (typical costal Ecuadorian foods), simplicity, flexibility, near by beaches, hammocks, Spanish, mangos, fruit trees in my front yard, little markets, cheap DVDs, no body image issues, community dances, unity, small community feeling, Carnival celebrations in February, freedom and flexibility, can buy anything at the pharmacy, riding in the back of trucks, the kids in my community, MY kids....Anali and Casanova

Things I DONT love about Ecuador

cat calls from men, staring, lines....or lack there of, BUGS, rats, water and lights going out, infidelity, being treated like a celebrity, no change for big bills, wild dogs, road construction, lack of puncutality, gossip

Things I MISS about home

FAMILY, BOYFRIEND, FRIENDS, convenience, consistency and accessability, favortie restaurants, driving, structure, seasons, cleanliness, variety of food, carpet, easy laundry, flushing toilet paper, chloe, loving American dogs

Things I DONT miss about home

traffic, stress, fast pace, how expensive everything is, isolated life style, contant pressure, tipping, how wastefull or petty people can be

1 comment:

MyUserNameIsNotUnique said...

Can you come home yet? We all miss you, and have decided that America needs its Alea back.
-Dan