Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Holidays from Ecuador

Well, I am so thrilled because I am about to embark on a mini-quest around Ecuador with some pleasant company from the States. I will be leaving soon to go pick up Dan at the Guayaquil airport. He will be visiting for about 2 ½ weeks, and I can’t wait for him to visit my community. I know he is nervous about the language barrier but I think he will be happily surprised to find out that communication extends beyond words. You can tell so much through facial expressions, body language, pointing, drawing, interpretive dancing…it just requires some creativity. We have many exciting things planned for the rest of the month, and I am excited that December 12th has finally arrived.

Due to upcoming traveling, I will not have many opportunities to use the Internet and blog. I promise to post pictures upon my return and tol reveal the wonders of the Galapagos Islands!

I would like to take the time to wish all you dear people a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I will miss having the trees dusted in snow (or even cold weather for that fact) to paint the city into a pretty white Christmas scene, but I know this holiday season will be one never to forget.

I hope you all have a beautiful and restful holiday. God Bless.

Love,

Alea

No comments: