Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mas fotos!

Pictures just don´t do justice but my little town is so pretty. Beautiful countryside! I love it!We found an Italian restaurant (owned by Germans) that serves the best spaghetti and gelato...we may just have to become regulars. Apparently all the gringos/ gringas go here but no pasa nada!

Some of the festivites celebrating San Pedro! Lots of fun costumes and tons of dancing! Tonight/the rest of this weekend will be filled with loud music and people dancing in the streets!
My awesome Peace Corps group and facilitor! We all live in the same community and like to hang out in the plaza when the sun decides to come out! (not very often)


However, when the sun does come out, it is much stronger and doesnt take long to get sunburned. This is Sam and I sporting our mild sunburns. (Don´t worry Mom we put sun screen on everday now just to be safe.)
We went to the local elementary school and gave a mini session on health related topics...we basically played some fun games with the kids and taught them the song ¨Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.¨ It was one of my favorite days here so far!
My room, which is gianormous! (not too much furniture though, which has been perfect for my friend Samantha and I´s workout sessions!)


2 comments:

AM said...

The photo of you getting sunburned is hilarious. I know, I shouldn't make fun of you for getting sunburned. Sunburns can be so painful, but oh...the look on your face- it's priceless.

Andi said...

It looks like you are having fun! ENjoy those days in the plaza with your friends! i miss them already!