Monday, June 23, 2008

Arrival in Ecuador

Hello!
I have made it to Ecuador safely. We are currently in Quito until Sunday and will be traveling to Cayambe for our 3 month training. I am exicted becuase we will be living with host families during this time. My training group is really great, and I am already starting to make some good close friends. So far, we have been spoiled with electricity and hot water...I am trying to enjoy it while it lasts.
Today was a long day of info sessions and vaccinations luckily I only had to get one shot, a rabbies shot. My body is still adjusting to the high elevation, but things have been really good so far. I haven´t had to eat anything too unusual yet, but the fruit juices are muy deliciosa! Bus rides around here are nuts. We spent 30 minutes trying to get out of the airport parking lot on Wednesday. People park their cars every where and the streets are very narrow.
My rusty Spanish is improving, but I know it will come back with time. Love my group and am very happy with my experience thus far. All of us are trying to contact our family and friends while we can, so a lot of people are waiting for the one computer that we have in our hostel. So, I better give someone else a chance to let their families know they are okay.
I will write again when I can, which there may be a little bit of time before I get that chance again. Miss you tons and sending my love! Hope all is well in beautiful Colorado!

Abrazos de Ecuador!

No comments: