Saturday, July 31, 2010

hasta luego ecuador

One of the hardest see you laters of my life...I couldn't even get myself to say good-bye, just "until next time."
The last few months of my service flew by. I blinked, and I was already having to pack-up my life and home that I had created for the last two years. I finished-up projects and focused the last month on spending as much time with all the people who were so dear to me. Plan International threw me a work going away party and there were many great memories shared and several tears shed. I got up to say my thank you speech, and could hardly get any words out before I lost it and had tears streaming down my face. It ended up being one emotional good-bye after another.

Expectingly so, the worst of them all was my last day in my community. I knew my community going away party was going to be tough but I had no idea just how tough it was going to be. Once the flood gates opened, there was no return. The party and speeches were so endearing and the words expressed will forever be in my heart.

We played games and danced the night away trying to make light of the situation. We finally parted ways once there were no tears left to cry, and we were left with unforgettable memories.

Fortunately, I introduced my friends to Facebook and Skype so when they ride into the city, we can still talk and be included in each other's lives.I truly looki forward to going back and visiting! Hasta luego Ecuador

No comments: