Monday, July 12, 2010

happy (belated) 4th!

My dear Irene, World Teach volunteer, came back to visit after a year of being in the states. She use to come to my site every week, and we would teach English together in the far away remote communities. After her service was up, she started a new exciting adventure in Miami. We were SO excited when she shared the news that she was coming to see us. Her visit was so nice, and it was like she had never left. TQMMM Irene! It was only appropriate to welcome Irene back with a community dance!
The ever so famous "Diamantes" played at the dance, and the next thing I knew....we were up on stage taking pictures with them.Mis gringitas who danced the night away Getting back to the house at 4am and crashing, only to get up the next day to celebrate the 4th of July!
Que viva la U-S-A! We started off the 4th of July bash just like any other American event....by singing the good ol' national anthem. We played all sorts of games, had an Hora Loca and celebrated Independence Day
Ecua-American style.
You must keep dancing without letting the lime drop.
I couldn't stop laughing for the life of me, while Kristen had her game face on.
Sarah made us a delicous American flag cake. She had to get creative without blueberries and strawberries at hand....and I think she did a fabulous job!We ate lobster for lunch! yum!!little Dila was so happy this day and loved playing in the face paint....as you can see from her mini-blue mustache. Considering I couldn't be in the US this yeart to celebrate the 4th like last year, I'd say spending time with the people I care about here came in second best.
Happy birthday los Estados Unidos!

No comments: