Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Heart Fundraiser

Sorry for the delay in getting the pictures from the QuinceaƱera posted. I know I have been talking about this big event for some time now and family and friends were very curious to see how this pink dress princess like party played out.

So without further adue....
My good PC friend Kristen and I decided we needed to do a fundraiser for our Happy Heat program and we decided it would be more fun to plan a fundraiser event than writing grants. So, because celebrating your 15th birthday is such a big event, Quinceanera, and Kristen and I never got to celebrate ours Latin style, we decided it would make a good fundraiser event. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense but it gave us an excuse to throw a party and to dress-up like princesses.
So we made little princess hearts as the party favors to go along with the Happy Heart theme

Kristen, I and the outrageous pink dresses, before the big event

Our host brothers were our little caballeros
After our very formal entrance into the party, we decided to spice things up and make things interesting by doing a coregraphed dance. 50 Cent´s song ¨Hey Shorty, It´s your Birthday¨came on, and the 4 of us whipped out sunglasses

After a picture slideshow of us and all of our friends, Kristen gave a presentation on the Happy Heart program. Instead of gifts for the big birthday bash, we accepted donations, which benefited the project. To get people up and dancing, we started ¨La Hora Loca,¨ where you are required to dance for one hour straight to fun well known dance songs.
Peace Corps girlsSomehow, my face was the only one that got pushed in the cake but it turned into a full fledged cake fight in minutes so no one was left out
Priceless.
I think this might have been the only time I actually got to taste the cake too...lots of dancing! The Quinceanera was such a good time that Kristen and I keep asking ourselves "when can we do it again?!" As if our communities didn't already think we were crazy. TQM Kristen!

No comments: