Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Paseando in my site

Posa Honda, the lake by my house, where we go swimming, tubbing and “pasear” in canoe.

My friends Miara and Alexandra who sneakily convinced me to go with them to visit a rural community to invite them to a fundraiser event that we are having for Fathers’ Day. They were upfront about the community being far away, but they didn’t tell me that we had to get there by foot. We climbed a steep hill following two tired donkeys for 2 hours in the hot sun until we got to a community that sat at the top of the mini-mtn and looked over all the small towns below. (such good views that I wish I could share with you but my camera ran out of batteries on the hike.) We all arrived with bright red faces and sweating out of every pore in our bodies but I wouldn’t hesitate to go again if I got the chance.

The community we hiked to was at the top of the tallest hill in the background of this photo.

Fish I used to make civiche...Turns out that gutting fish is pretty simple.
BBQ in La Finca...garlic shrimp and ribs! Sooo good!
Love these girls!
Irene, Kristen, Colleen, Yo and KarenBaby chics at my house

No comments: