Tuesday, April 13, 2010

the beautiful skies of rainy season

I keep falling more and more in love with my site. I feel SO blessed and fortunate to have been placed in my lovely little community. Pictures just don't do justice but this place is beautiful.
Poza Honda, the lake, is my favorite place to be in Ecuador! Now that it has been raining like crazy, it is so full that the water has passed over the dam and is filling up the river.
the excess of water has turned the dam into a semi-waterpark
this is the side where the water spills over into the river from Poza Honda and creates a GIANT waterslide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alea,
lucky You, to be down there in that wonderful region!

Way back in the 70s, I spent some time working at the water works and the Poza Honda Reservoir. I had been deeply touched by che charming and soft landscape. It reminded me of the soft mountains in central European countryside, in the highlands of my home country germany. I’m currently working on speeches about sustainable water management worldwide.
And looking for examples of landscapes where forest and water management can be brought in harmony, I am collecting illtustrations of such cases.
My slides from 1977/78 are lost. Do You happen to have a photo of the view across the reservoir into the soft highlands behind?
When I was there, many old drowned trees were still showing their dry crowns beyond the water surface. Are they still there? The looked like witnesses of the past of the flooded region…
Best regards from the UN-Tower at Bonn, Germany
kleingünter