Monday, March 22, 2010

It's always hard to say good-bye...

After 3 great months, I just dropped my sister off at the airport to head back to Colorado. I found myself getting teary-eyed as I pulled away in the taxi. Now back to traveling and working solo. I was lucky to have Courtney out here for the time that she was...she knows how to keep things interesting in a good and fun way! <3
My sister's despedida also made me realize how little time I have left here. 4 months and I will be back in Colorado too! It is going to be INCREDIBLY hard to leave. I am thankful for the time I have left here, and am excited for the transition back home. I miss all you people!! Las nanas....TQM
Cecilia brought out some wine for us all to drink together to cheers to Courtney's memorable time in Ecuador.My host mom really grew fond of Courtney and is looking forward to her coming back and visiting in 5-years, as she says, with her husband and 2 kids! haha. veras
The kids adored Courtney, so much that sometimes I felt like my house turned into a daycare at points. ha. They are truly going to miss her.
Courtney's Going Away/PJ party My girls :) We danced until 3am.....I could hardly last.
Court's cat Casanova didn't want to say good-bye.
Don't worry Court, I will take good care of him.
WE ALREADY MISS YOU COURTNEY!
Thanks for coming out and being such great company. I love you dearly and hope Ecuador will be something you can look back upon as an incrediblly beautiful place where you learned to grow into your own.
TQM. Enjoy the snow.

No comments: