Monday, December 21, 2009

Joy to the World

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I hope this holiday season is full of joy, peace and love for you!

This time of the year is hard to be away from home.

I kind of miss all the overdone Christmas decorations and overplayed Christmas songs.

I am so use to the American holiday season where you are practically bombarded by the Christmas feeling……but here, Christmas passes like any other day.

So this year, I wanted to bring some of that holiday spirit here to Ecuador.

I baked cookies and cakes with my host family, made Christmas cards with my English class, decorated a tree with my host brother and strung garland and lights around my apartment…it helps.

I have to admit, however, that without over-consumerism taking over the holiday season, it makes it a little easier to focus on the true blessings of Christmas. Thanks to everyone who has sent lovely cards, emails and packages. Sending my love <3

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

PS. Can't wait for my family to visit....16 days!!! Best birthday present I could ask for, unless they could squeeze all my friends into their luggage too :)

1 comment:

AM said...

Merry Christmas to you, too. And don't worry about the lack of "American Christmas spirit." I, personally, have skipped out on the holiday (in America).

Christmas is more of a feeling than a once a year event. It's a feeling of charity, love and kindness. You can have it whenever you want, wherever you want.

May your life be filled with many blessings!