Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Trekking through the Jungle

I went with the mayor and his staff for a hike through this beautiful jungle scenery. We spotted monkeys, frogs, tropical fish and luckily no snakes. Our wise tour guide Antonio taught us the ins and outs about the tropical plants and the history of the ancient caves hidden deep in the jungle. Pictures can hardly do justice but here is a mini photo essays of the hike.
We also had an artist in our group from Quito who was sketching the increible screnery that surrounded us.
We snacked on rich flavored papaya and mococha. There was no need to pack snacks because the trail was lined with fruit trees. We also cooled off and swam in the gorgeous waterfalls, which was refreshing after our 5 hour hike. It was a adventure I am sure to never forget.

1 comment:

Laura V said...

Wow! Amazing pictures. Did I ever tell you that my aunt got lost on a hike in the rainforest? Terrifying, but she somehow found her way back to the trail just before nightfall. Thanks for the birthday email! I hope you got my reply. Have a wonderful day my friend.