Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I got my site assignment!!!

Today was the big day! All 30 Peace Corps volunteers received their site assignments for their next two years in Ecuador. I am heading to the Coast!!! My town is in the provinence of Manabi, and I am close to the city Porto Viejo. I am so stoked! The village I will be living in is pretty tiny...only 200-500 people. Next week we will be traveling to our sites to spend an entire week there meeting other Peace Corps volunteers in the area and staying with our new host families. There will be two other PC volunteers from my training group in the same provinence, and we are already planning to take trips to the beach together.
The climate change is going to be very derastic considering I have been living in my winter coat and fleece pants in my training site. The culture in the coast is very different too. I have heard that they speak very fast and with a unique accent...it´s gonna take some time to get use to. The food is suppose to be really great, and I´m excited to change things up a little! I´m very happy with my assignment, and I can´t wait to get things started!
Thanks to everyone for the great emails! I really appreciate everyone´s support! I just received my mom´s package today, and she sent me some of the postcards from my going away party. They were so thoughtful and they couldn´t have come at a better time. I have posted them in my room and I loved showing my host family the postcards with the pictures of beautiful Colorado on them! Thanks again! Love you all!!!

No comments: